Recipe by 4Susan
Skillet recipe in under 30 minutes! From the recipe booklet included with my new electric StepSavor Skillet/Griddle.
Top Review by *Parsley*
A quick and easy, yummy kid-pleaser! My kids REALLY loved this. It does kinda taste like a cheesebuger. It doesn't state to drain the browned beef, but I did anyway. I added a little garlic and sprinkled the top w/ parsley. I'll make this again on my busy days. Thanx for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat skillet to 300°F.
- Place ground beef and onion in skillet and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add water, ketchup, tomato sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and mix thoroughly.
- Cover, and reduce temperature to 200°F
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes more.