Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Skillet recipe in under 30 minutes! From the recipe booklet included with my new electric StepSavor Skillet/Griddle.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat skillet to 300°F.
- Place ground beef and onion in skillet and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add water, ketchup, tomato sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and mix thoroughly.
- Cover, and reduce temperature to 200°F
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes more.
A quick and easy, yummy kid-pleaser! My kids REALLY loved this. It does kinda taste like a cheesebuger. It doesn't state to drain the browned beef, but I did anyway. I added a little garlic and sprinkled the top w/ parsley. I'll make this again on my busy days. Thanx for sharing.
Went looking for something fast and easy when I was short on time for dinner. This is what I found and it was great, as I always have these ingredients on hand (except for instant rice). I used regular white rice and just simmered till the rice was done. I did add some garlic to this also. Everyone loved it and had seconds (I doubled the recipe) except for 1 DD. She was the only one who didn't like it, so that is the reason for the four instead of five stars! I am sure to make this again for the rest of them.