Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very Quick, very simple dessert for those last minute need a dessert times. Choose firm bananas. These can be dressed and plated up to look very impressive. Serve with fruit of choice and ice cream.
- 6 bananas, cut in 1/2 lengthways
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk, approx
- extra flour, to coat banana
- oil (for frying)
- Coat bananas lightly with flour.
- Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in centre and gradually add milk. Mix to a smooth consistency similar to thickened cream.
- Dip bananas into batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Coat thinly with sugar. (Optional).
Yeah, so sometimes we get creative, even with a nice recipe such as this! I made the fritters as the recipe indicated, then put them into a 'Banana Fritter Split, using frozen yogurt, frozen triple berries, & just a LITTLE BIT of chocolate syrup!' Wish I could have shared it, but what the hey!! Thanks for posting this recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a bonus recipe in AUS/NZ Recipe Swap, Mar 08]