Recipe by An_Net
Very Quick, very simple dessert for those last minute need a dessert times. Choose firm bananas. These can be dressed and plated up to look very impressive. Serve with fruit of choice and ice cream.
Top Review by Ruth D
have looked for a long time for a recipe for banana fritters just like my Dad used to make! This is it! Quick, simple recipe that tastes great. Sprinkle a little orange juice over when cooked to make the fritters sing!
- 6 bananas, cut in 1/2 lengthways
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk, approx
- extra flour, to coat banana
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat bananas lightly with flour.
- Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in centre and gradually add milk. Mix to a smooth consistency similar to thickened cream.
- Dip bananas into batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Coat thinly with sugar. (Optional).