Recipe by AndreaVT96
I obtained this recipe from a newspaper article years ago. I took it to many church functions and it was a big hit. Church-goers were always asking me for the recipe. Great if you like butterscotch.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (regular size box)
- 1 cup stick margarine
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2⁄3 cup white Karo
- 1⁄4 cup stick margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, 1 cup softened margarine and the egg in medium-size bowl. Batter will be stiff.
- Pat in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan lighted coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated, 350° oven for about 12 minutes.
- Take out of oven. While hot, top with marshmallows; set aside.
- Mix Karo syrup, 1/4 cup margarine, butterscotch chips and vanilla in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Heat until margarine and chips are melted.
- Add Rice Krispies and peanuts.
- Spread on top of cake crust.
- When cool, cut into squares. (I found it easier to do once this has cooled off, but it's up to you!).