Recipe by CookingItUp
This is my Memaw's recipe. Being from Texas, brisket is what makes BBQ. I love this recipe!
- 1 (4 -8 lb) beef brisket (trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (I prefer Tony Cachere's but any will do)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle liquid smoke
- 1 oven cooking bag, appropriately sized according to weight
Directions See How It's Made
- Heavily coat all sides of the meat with the seasonings.
- Place fat side DOWN in oven bag.
- Pour liquid smoke into bag and over meat.
- Seal bag and allow to marinate overnight.
- Place fat side UP in pan, cook at 325 degrees for 4 hours for smaller brisket, longer if 8 lbs. Test with fork through the bag, should be easily pierced and tender, with no blood oozing.
- Allow to rest 10- 20 minutes outside oven. ALWAYS cut brisket against the grain.
- Serve and enjoy!