Recipe by ThatBobbieGirl
A hot, spicy honey spread, wonderful on hot buttered toast, english muffins, or on fresh-baked biscuits with dinner. A nice gift item for lovers of HOT STUFF! the standing time is not included in the "time to prepare" estimates.
Top Review by gruntlady
I've been feeling kind of icky this a.m. getting a cold/sore throat so I was playing on zaar looking in peoples spice books..when I came across this recipe and I thought to myself this would be GREAT in my tea to help me get over whatever is trying to "get me" you can taste feel the heat but it is nice it helped soothe my throat as soon as I can swallow some toast I'm putting it along with peanutbutter on it... I like it alot
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey and pepper flakes in a heavy saucepan.
- Warm over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cover and turn off heat.
- Let stand 1 or 2 hours.
- Strain through fine sieve, and pour into sterilized jars with tightly fitting lids.
- Store at room temperature.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled, or four-tupled or more-- just keep the ratio of 1 teaspoon pepper for each cup of honey.