Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A hot, spicy honey spread, wonderful on hot buttered toast, english muffins, or on fresh-baked biscuits with dinner. A nice gift item for lovers of HOT STUFF! the standing time is not included in the "time to prepare" estimates.
- Combine honey and pepper flakes in a heavy saucepan.
- Warm over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cover and turn off heat.
- Let stand 1 or 2 hours.
- Strain through fine sieve, and pour into sterilized jars with tightly fitting lids.
- Store at room temperature.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled, or four-tupled or more-- just keep the ratio of 1 teaspoon pepper for each cup of honey.
I've been feeling kind of icky this a.m. getting a cold/sore throat so I was playing on zaar looking in peoples spice books..when I came across this recipe and I thought to myself this would be GREAT in my tea to help me get over whatever is trying to "get me" you can taste feel the heat but it is nice it helped soothe my throat as soon as I can swallow some toast I'm putting it along with peanutbutter on it... I like it alot
This has that kind of "cumulative" effect heat, and just enough of it. It really perks up plain old peanut butter, and it's awesome on English muffins!! Absolutely delicious for honey lovers! I'm also going to try using it as a replacement in some of my recipes that include plain honey, like some of the honey-glazed chicken or ribs-type stuff. Thanks TBG!
Very good! I've only tasted it on its own so far. I will have to make some corn muffins tomorrow because this honey would be awesome on them! Thanks for another great honey, hon ;)