Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lemon and dill accent this New Zealand Orange Roughy beautifully. We served ours with haricots verts and fingerling potatoes with (even MORE) dill. My husband has the worst time naming his recipes as the title of this one proves. Sheesh.
- 3⁄4 lb new zealand orange roughy fillet
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice or 2 lemon slices
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Preheat the over to 400°F.
- Divide the fish into 2 portions placing each in the center of a piece of foil (spraying the foil with some cooking oil is a good idea). Salt and pepper to taste. To each portion add pieces of pinched-off-the-stem fresh dill, a splash of lemon juice (or a slice of lemon) and half a pat of butter (optional).
- Fold the foil into a packet by folding the edges up until they meet over the center and folding over to seal.
- Put the packets in an oven dish and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and serve.
This recipe is excellent, I just served it to my mother and sister in law and it was an instant hit.