Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A pasta salad that's so versatile, that you can throw in everything but the kitchen sink and come up with a delish salad every time! Makes for a great meal, or side dish on a hot summer day.
- 1419.54 ml whole wheat rotini, cooked drained and cooled (or tri-coloured pasta)
- 946.36 ml mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrot, peppers, green onion, etc. Use your imagination)
- 118.29 ml ranch dressing (to taste)
- 118.29 ml Miracle Whip (to taste) or 118.29 ml mayonnaise (to taste)
- 59.14 ml sour cream, I use fat free
- 29.58 ml salad dressing mix, dill flavour
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, cubed
- 118.29 ml chopped ham (or cooked turkey or chicken)
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and cool. (toss with 1 tbsp olive oil to keep from sticking together).
- Chop all veggies into bite sized pieces. I use greeen, red, yellow, and orange peppers for colour.
- Mix together ranch dressing, miracle whip, sour cream and dill salad dressing mix and set aside in fridge to meld flavours.
- Chop cheese and ham into small cubes or slivers.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Any substitutions may be made for veggies, meat or even cheese. Use your favourites.