Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Egg salad dotted with peas, scallions, red bell peppers. Spiced with a creamy chipotle dressing. layered into a wrap with thinly sliced tomatoes, pepperoni and greens. All rolled up and enjoyed by all on the run or packed up for a picnic in the park.
- 4 large eggs
- 118.29 ml defrosted peas
- 29.58 ml diced scallions
- 29.58 ml diced red bell peppers
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml Greek yogurt
- 4 fresh spinach leaves (or your favorite greens)
- 0 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 8 slice pepperoni
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Place eggs in a pot covered with water. Bring to a boil cover and remove from heat. When cool remove shells and dice eggs. Place in a bowl with peas, scallions, red bell pepper, stir to combine.
- Mix chipotle, garlic, mayonnaise, and yogurt. Toss into salad to coat all.
- Place the 2 tortilla on a flat surface, top at end of tortilla with greens, tomatoes, pepperoni topping with egg salad.
- Roll up and slice on a angle. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic for a summer lunch on the beach or in the park.
I reeeally loved this salad. I didn't want to stop eating it, even though it made a lot. There were a few unexpected ingredients that went so well in here. Do not leave out the peas, they are great in here (who knew?). My favorite of the contest, hands down!
Good, creative use of eggs and pepperoni--who would have "thunk" it? Good flavors, but directions could be clearer to use tortillas--heat a few seconds in the microwave to make it easier to wrap--tortillas won't split that way. I tried this with basil once and cilantro once--great!
I must admit I did not make a wrap out of this, but ate it as a salad. I really enjoyed the flavors. I did add a little salt and pepper and halved the salad. Thanks and good luck!