Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It doesn't get better than this! Ham and gouda with a hint of sweet and a dash of spice. Created for RSC No. 11.
- 1 French roll
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or 2 teaspoons your favorite mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 3 -4 ounces ham, sliced
- 2 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon finely diced onions (to taste) or 1 teaspoon shallot (to taste)
- 1 slice gouda cheese
- If using a strong onion or shallot, peel and soak in ice water. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice roll almost in half and lay open on a baking sheet.
- Combine mustard, honey and cayenne in small bowl, then spread on both halves of roll.
- Layer ham across both halves of roll, spread preserves over ham.
- Dice shallot and sprinkle over preserves, then top with cheese.
- Place in hot oven until cheese melts, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold to close sandwich before serving. Enjoy warm or wrap tightly to serve later.
This was good but probably not one that I will try again. The flavors didn't seem to go together for us!
This didn't go over well with my family like I thought it would.
Not quite what I thought it would be.