It's a Gouda! Hot Ham Sandwich
- If using a strong onion or shallot, peel and soak in ice water. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice roll almost in half and lay open on a baking sheet.
- Combine mustard, honey and cayenne in small bowl, then spread on both halves of roll.
- Layer ham across both halves of roll, spread preserves over ham.
- Dice shallot and sprinkle over preserves, then top with cheese.
- Place in hot oven until cheese melts, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold to close sandwich before serving. Enjoy warm or wrap tightly to serve later.