1/1 Photo of Its a Dip...a Sandwich Spread...and a Soup!
I'm always trying to create new dips for me and my husband to enjoy on movie night! So that's how I came up with this one! It tasted so good we wanted to just eat it by the spoonful! Then we ate it the next day for lunch as a sandwich spread. And then we tried it as a soup by thinning it out with chicken broth and tossing some garlic croutons on top! We loved it ALL 3 ways!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke, hearts-drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1Put the drained marinated artichoke hearts and the drained and rinsed white beans in a food processor and pulse til chopped well. Set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat and saute garlic for about 1 minute. Then add salt, pepper, cayenne and thyme. Cook, stirring constantly for about another minute.
- 3Turn heat to low and add green chilies and liquid smoke. Stir to mix well.
- 4Then add white bean mixture, softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and 1/2 the chives. Stir and cook til cheeses melt and mixture is heated through.
- 5Pour into a serving bowl and top with remaining chives. Serve warm with crackers -- or spread on sliced bread for a sandwich -- or thin it out with chicken broth and top with croutons for a soup.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Its a Dip...a Sandwich Spread...and a Soup!
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 661.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring