Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm always trying to create new dips for me and my husband to enjoy on movie night! So that's how I came up with this one! It tasted so good we wanted to just eat it by the spoonful! Then we ate it the next day for lunch as a sandwich spread. And then we tried it as a soup by thinning it out with chicken broth and tossing some garlic croutons on top! We loved it ALL 3 ways!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke, hearts-drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- Put the drained marinated artichoke hearts and the drained and rinsed white beans in a food processor and pulse til chopped well. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat and saute garlic for about 1 minute. Then add salt, pepper, cayenne and thyme. Cook, stirring constantly for about another minute.
- Turn heat to low and add green chilies and liquid smoke. Stir to mix well.
- Then add white bean mixture, softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and 1/2 the chives. Stir and cook til cheeses melt and mixture is heated through.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with remaining chives. Serve warm with crackers -- or spread on sliced bread for a sandwich -- or thin it out with chicken broth and top with croutons for a soup.