Recipe by FoodExplorer
One of the military wives I became friends with along the way introduced me to a similar kind of salad, before which I had never had mango or artichoke hearts, not to mention hearts of palm! After experimenting a bit with it, this is the final version I came up with--artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, baby corn, mangoes, baby tomatoes, blueberries, and sprouts. It makes for a delightful, filling, flavorful salad that leaves you very satisfied. Try ending it with a couple slices of watermelon for an excellent summer lunch. For meat eaters, it would be fantastic with grilled salmon or marinated lime chicken.
- 6 cups mixed greens (romaine, arugula, spinach leaves, iceberg...whatever your preference)
- 1⁄2 cup baby corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby tomatoes, washed
- 1⁄3 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries, washed
- 4 ounces hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 ounce alfalfa sprout, rinsed
- olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- After washing all necessary ingredients, layer greens with rest of ingredients. Gently toss to mix a little. I like to top this with lime and cilantro dressing, or a honey lime dressing.
- Keep in mind that you can add or subtract the amount of the ingredients according to your liking; my amounts are just estimates. I hope you enjoy it!