4 hrs 20 mins
I have to first Credit my sister Liz for inspiring this recipe with her Cocktail Weenies. I came up with my own version that I use for my chicken wings. I am a wuss when it comes to spicey heat in my food so this wing recipe works great for me! This is so simple to make and will make your home smell wonderful while they slow cook to perfection, not to mention they will have everyone licking the fingers afterward. Great for Game Day and Parties (a staple at any of ours). Hope you enjoy them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30-50 frozen chicken wings (or drummies)
- 4 (1814.36 g) bottle of your favorite bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 (1247.37 g) bottle of welch squeezable grape jelly (or substitute equal amount of your favorite jarred grape jelly)
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- garlic salt or garlic powder, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat Oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a large roasting pan mix Bar-B-Que Sauce, Jelly, Brown Sugar, and spices.
- 3I usually put a little bit of water in the sauce bottles and shake them up to get every drop of sauce out.
- 4Mix with a wisk until Jelly and sugar dissolves smoothly into Bar-B-Que Sauce.
- 5Rinse frozen wings with cold water then place in sauce and turn and turn those wings over and over until well coated with sauce and most if not all will be completely covered.
- 6Slide into oven and cook for at least 3 perhaps even 4 hours**OR** until chicken just begins to slide off the bone (just be sure that your chicken is done before you serve it!).
- 7Check periodically to"baste" (stir wings in sauce).
- 8When done arrange wings (that have been removed from sauce) on serving tray and serve with Ranch and/or Bleu Cheese Dressing.
- 9For a Crisper Wing, after removing them from sauce place on large cookie sheet and pop them under the broiler for a couple of minutes, but watch that they don't burn.
- 10Perfection to those that just can't handle the heat of a regular Hot Wing!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for It's a Chicken Wing Thing!
Serving Size: 1 (5032 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 615.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g