Baby Kato's Note:
I hope you enjoy this treat, made for RSC #11, its easy, very tasty and looks pretty. It's a little time consuming but well worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Shortbread Pie Crusts
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, white
- 2 tablespoons pecans, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves, your favorite
- 3 large egg yolks, seperated
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (can)
- 1 tablespoon blood orange rind
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 2Sift together the flour, salt, sugar and pecans.
- 3Add the thinly sliced cold butter into the flour mixture and blend until it looks like coarse meal.
- 4Sprinkle the ice water over the mixture and using a fork stir until a dough ball forms. If you require a little more water -- use it.
- 5Wrap the dough ball in wax paper and chill for 1-2 hours.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough out into a circle a bit larger than your pie pan.
- 7Carefully place dough into pie pan.
- 8Trim the dough about 1/4 inch above the rim of the pan.
- 9Please remember to prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork and chill in the fridge for an additional 1/2 hour.
- 10Bake the crust in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool on rack.
- 12Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 13Add your favorite raspberry preserves to the bottom of the cooled pecan crust.
- 14Mix the egg yolks, condensed milk, orange juice, and orange rind together, blending well.
- 15Pour the orange mixture into the prepared crust.
- 17In a large bowl beat the egg whites and the cream of tarter together until soft peaks form.
- 18Gradually add the sugar, a little at a time, beating well until the eggs are stiff but not dry.
- 19Spread the meringue on top of the orange filling making sure to seal the edges.
- 20Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 21Watch your pie so that the meringue doesn't burn.
- 22Once the pie has cooled, chill for several hours and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for It's a Bloody Orange Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.0 mg
- Sodium 278.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 56.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g