1 hr 40 mins
Adapted slightly from the recipe on a package of Italpasta lasagna noodles. You can substitute 1 kg (2.2lbs.) frozen mixed vegetables; cook frozen vegetables according to package directions. If using frozen spinach, thaw spinach; squeeze out liquid and discard; chop spinach. Adjust seasonings to taste; for example, add basil, oregano, thyme or Italian seasoning to taste. I used the empty can of tomato paste to measure the water, and didn't boil the spinach with the other vegetables. You could add or substitute other favorite vegetables such as bell peppers or zucchini. Served with toasted garlic kaiser rolls and a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 5 1/2 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese or 1 lb dry curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 12 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 (450 g) bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated (450g)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- 2Brown onion and garlic in olive oil in a sauce pan.
- 3Add salt and pepper, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and sugar if using; simmer 20 minutes.
- 4Blend Ricotta or dry cottage cheese with the slightly beaten eggs. Set aside.
- 5Finely chop broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and mushrooms. Boil vegetables with a pinch of salt for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- 6Drain vegetables well; add chopped spinach; set aside.
- 7Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 x2 inch baking dish or lasagna pan.
- 8Layer 1/3 each of lasagna noodles, vegetables, sauce, Ricotta cheese mixture and Mozzarella cheese. Repeat 2 times.
- 9Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 11Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italpasta Vegetarian Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.2
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.8 mg
- Sodium 1586.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 46.2 g