Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
A wonderful way to serve up a roast.
- 3 lbs boneless beef roast
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups green bell peppers
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup red Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups carrots
- 5 cups cooked spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place meat on wire rack in roasting pan and roast until rare, about 1 hour.
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add roast, onions, peppers, and garlic.
- Brown meat on all sides stirring vegetables to prevent burning.
- Add remaining ingredients except carrots and cooked spaghettie.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot and keep warm.
- Remove half of the liquid and half of the vegetables from pot.
- In a blender, process 2 cups of liquid and vegetables at a time until smooth.
- Combine with mixture remaining in pot and reheat.
- Slice roast and pour sauce over meat and cooked spaghettie.