Recipe by gailanng
A riot of flavors. Can subsitute chopped tomato with grape or cherry tomatoes.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
How could you ever go wrong with-a-pasta-salll...ad? (make sure you pronounce it with an "Italian" accent.) Why? Because you will have thought you had a miracle flight to Italy when you were asleep. You will be transformed into believing the plate in front of you was brought to you by a wonderful woman who owns a little bistro in the midst of wine-country, and she served you salad table side where the tables were decorated with grape leaves, a spray of baby's breath, and large sunflowers. All those thoughts ran through my mind as I was devouring this You will be enjoying every. single. bite. Followed this exactly, except used a bit of feta because I ran out of asiago cheese. Go ahead pull up a chair and enjoy. Made for Everyday is a Holiday October 2009
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked al dente, drained, and rinsed under cold water (can substitute shell or even elbow pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup genoa salami, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup asiago cheese, small diced (can substitute mozzarella)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper, drained well (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- iceberg lettuce, optional serving suggestion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, green olives, pepperoncini, red and green bell peppers and tomatoes. Set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together Italian salad dressing mix, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Just before serving pour dressing over salad, toss to coat.
- Serve over iceberg lettuce.