Recipe by Steve P.
Creamy white Italian cheese sauce. This Italian favorite is equally good as a white pasta sauce as well as as a cheese sauce for poultry, vegetables or even veal.
Top Review by mama smurf
This is a delicious recipe!! I followed the recipe exactly and served it over spinach fettucine for green worms along with Recipe#74300#74300, Recipe#101677#101677 and halloween cookies for our grandkids Halloween dinner. I made your recipe for Chef Alphabet Tag Game 2009.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded asiago cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese (or freshly shredded Parmesan or Ramano can be used but they don't melt as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pan, saute garlic briefly, but don't let it brown.
- Add cream, parsley, black pepper and salt.
- Stir with a whisk to combine and cook until heated through and it starts to thicken.
- Gradually add cheese and stir with a woden spoon until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over pasta, or any poultry or vegetable of your choice.