Recipe by internetnut
I got my copy of this recipe from WETM Tv through Chef Fred. We were at a Health Expo and this dish Chef Fred served. My niece and I loved this so much I came home and made it. I do not use wine for cooking so I used beef broth in place of the wine.
- 4 -6 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 4 plum tomatoes (roasted, seeded, and chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- parsley, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Roasted Plum Tomato Preparation: Cut tomatoes in half and place in a baking dish skin side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Kitchen Tip: For a smokey taste, place the whole on the burner of a gas stove and roast over open flame, making sure to rotate the tomato until completely chared.
- At this point you can easily remove the skin by rubbing under cold water.
- In the first case, you will be able to remove the skin, once the oven roasted tomatos have cooled.
- Once the skins have been removed, remove seeds with your fingers and course chop and set aside.
- Main Preparation: Heat a medium fry pan over high heat.
- Add olive oil, sliced zucchini, chopped onion, minced garlic, and oregano.
- Saute until tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add the sliced mushrooms and roasted tomatoes.
- Saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with dry red wine and cook an additional minute.
- Add basil, parmesan cheese, and toss thru to blend evenly.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped parsley.