Recipe by Chef Cindy Rose
This is a recipe I adapted from The Zucchini Cookbook and is a family favorite year after year. The fresh basil and fresh Parmesan make this dish!
- 1 (19 ounce) packagejohnsonville Italian sausages
- 6 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- hot cooked spaghetti
- fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces and brown in large skillet about 10 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Remove most of fat from skillet and saute zucchini, onion and garlic about 8 minute to soften.
- Add tomato and seasonings, simmer covered about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir sausage back in and heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti and top with grated fresh Parmesan cheese.