I like having the sauce on the side for this quiche. I put the chopped jalapeno in the tomato sauce while it cooks. Nice brunch/lunch dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (you may use low fat)
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute zucchini, onions and garlic.
- 3Season with salt and set aside.
- 4Simmer the tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining herbs until the tomatoes are soft, set aside Mix the cottage cheese, eggs and milk, mix well.
- 5Place zucchini mixture in the pie shell.
- 6Add egg mixture and 4 tbsp of the tomato sauce.
- 7Bake 35 minutes or until set.
- 8Sprinkle with the mozzarella, return to the oven until cheese melts.
- 9Heat tomato sauce and serve with the quiche.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Zucchini Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.7
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 1303.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 19.7 g