Recipe by Theresa P
A very nice zucchini recipe. Similar to a quiche but, with no crust. I like to serve this at room temperature.
Top Review by Katrina
This was REALLY good!! I served it hot and added a few slices of deli ham (chopped)into it. My dad is on the Atkins diet, so this was great for him along with the salad I served with it, thanks, I wil def. be making this again...I already have requests from my dad :)!!
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups) or 1 (8 ounce) package muenster cheese (about 2 cups) or 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute zucchini and onion in a little oil until tender.
- Beat eggs with a fork and add herbs, cayenne, salt and grated cheese. Mix together.
- Add cooked zucchini mixture to egg and cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.