Recipe by Pricilla
This pie is Wonderful... I made for my adult children & they fell in love with it. Surprisingly the men LOVED it. I also made it for my friends mothers day celebration (about 20 people, made two pies) and her they all really loved it too. When there was only 1/2 pie left she took it and hid it from everyone so she could take it home LOL
Top Review by carole in orlando
This was so good! We had it for lunch with a simple pear and walnut salad. I made it as directed with unsalted butter and mozzarella cheese. I baked it for 10 minutes and then covered the edge of the crust and baked it for 15 minutes more and it was perfect. I used a refrigerated pie crust and it was done all the way through. I loved the taste of the dijon mustard in it. There are many possibilities for this pie, but I will make this again just as the recipe calls for. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups muenster cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 homemade deep dish pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the zucchini and onion in the butter until zucchini is softened and onions are translucent. Stir in the chopped parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and mustard, then add the zucchini/onion mixture.
- Spread the pie crust across the bottom and up the sides of baking dish that has been lightly greased. Carefully lift it into the dish and press across the bottom and up the sides.
- Pour zucchini mixture into the crust and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Cover with foil for last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.