Recipe by Mainely Debbie
This recipe was the $40,000 Grand Prize recipe from the 1980 Pillsbury Bake-Off contest by Mrs. Millicent A. Caplan of Tamarac, FL. I cut it out of Family Circle magazine dated 11/15/83.
Top Review by Toni in Colorado
Can't believe there's only been 1 review on this! We had this tonight and thought it deserves 5 stars. I did not use crescent rolls for the crust. I made a pie crust instead, only because I did not have cresent rolls.
- 4 cups zucchini, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups muenster cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute zucchini and onion in butter over medium low heat until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano; remove from heat.
- In a seperate bowl stir together eggs and cheese; add vegetable mixture.
- Seperate rolls into triangles.
- Arrange in an 11 inch quiche pan or 10 inch pie pan pressing seams together to cover the bottom and sides of pan to form a crust.
- Spread the crust with the mustard.
- Add vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes if using a quiche pan or 30-35 minutes if using a pie pan or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.