Mainely Debbie's Note:
This recipe was the $40,000 Grand Prize recipe from the 1980 Pillsbury Bake-Off contest by Mrs. Millicent A. Caplan of Tamarac, FL. I cut it out of Family Circle magazine dated 11/15/83.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups zucchini, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups muenster cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Saute zucchini and onion in butter over medium low heat until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano; remove from heat.
- 4In a seperate bowl stir together eggs and cheese; add vegetable mixture.
- 5Seperate rolls into triangles.
- 6Arrange in an 11 inch quiche pan or 10 inch pie pan pressing seams together to cover the bottom and sides of pan to form a crust.
- 7Spread the crust with the mustard.
- 8Add vegetable mixture.
- 9Bake for 35-40 minutes if using a quiche pan or 30-35 minutes if using a pie pan or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.9
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 794.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g