Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. It is a good way to use zucchini up.
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry bread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook zucchini in 1 tablespoons olive oil; drain and set aside.
- In same skillet saute onion,and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic salt, and pepper. simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place in a baking dish and gently stir in zucchini.
- Top with stuffing and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes covered.
- Uncover and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake 15 minutes longer.
Deish! I used fresh roma tomatoes and it turned out great. Our zucchini is almost done for this year, but we'll certainly keep this gem on hand for next summer with the zuc's are taking over Southern Indiana.
I was very hesitant to try this recipe because it sounded bland to me. It was actually fantastic. I used more fresh basil than called for, fresh thyme instead of oregano (didn't have any), and a 15oz can of the tomatoes along with some chopped fresh tomatoes and it was the greatest!! I had to fight my husband to let me bring a small plate to a neighbor to try because he loved it also!