Recipe by lazyme
This is a good zucchini dish that can be frozen and reheated in the microwave.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
With a few amount adjustments this turned out ver well, I doubled the complete recipe as I was making this as a take-home meal for DS, did some spice adjusments and increased the garlic way up, I uses 2 long thin zucchini for this and that worked quite well, used Stove Top stuffing mix, I also added in 2 jalapeno peppers with the onion and garlic for heat, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
- 1 1⁄2 zucchini, 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook zucchini until tender. Drain & set aside.
- In same skillet, saute onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in zucchini. Place in ungreased baking dish. Top with stuffing mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with grated mozzarella or jack cheese. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.