Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got on a kick of finding new recipes for zucchini and squash this summer. My husband's and my favorite is the simplest dish so far. It takes very little prep time, a little patience while your kitchen becomes filled with this delicious aroma, and amazement at how simple this is. It was a very easy way to impress my husband for a nice romantic meal.
- 2 medium zucchini, cleaned and sliced into 3 inch strips or 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow squash, cleaned and sliced into 3 inch strips or 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing (I prefer Zesty Italian Dressing, any brand)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (Do not use Kraft as it will clump together and not give a good texture to the dish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss all of the ingredients together until well coated.
- Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake until a light crunchy coat forms on vegetables (about 25 minutes).
I made this as directed and my husband and I thought it was okay. Mine didn't seem to make enough coating (maybe my squash were too big) so I liked the parts that had the cheese on it but the coating didn't seem to be on nearly enough of the dish. Thanks for a different way to try this, though!