Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of the recipes I've developed to eat while on Lyle McDonald's "Rapid Fat Loss" program. It's a little carb-heavy, but if the rest of your day has been on track there's no harm in eating 1/4 of this. :) Just count the protein from the cheese - the Kraft brand has 8g per serving.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Layer the ingredients in the baking dish, ending with a layer of zucchini topped by a layer of cheese.
- Here are the exact layers I used, bottom to top: 1/3 of the zucchini, 1/2 of the onion, 1/2 artichoke hearts, 1/3 cheese, 1/2 tomato sauce, seasonings, 1/3 zucchini, 1/2 onion, 1/2 artichoke hearts, 1/3 cheese, 1/2 tomato sauce, seasonings, 1/3 zucchini, 1/3 cheese.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until zucchini is cooked through.
- If necessary, remove lid and cook a few more minutes to brown cheese.