Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
This is adapted from old Farm Journal Cookbook recipe & you have to figure the farmer's wives know what to do with a bumper zucchini crop!
Top Review by yedenmatka
Wonderful way to use up all that zucchini from the garden. I made this exactly as posted except I used olive oil. I'll be putting Parmesan cheese on to serve. We are watching carbs and this fits the bill nicely. Love this one and thanks for sharing.
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes or 3 cups chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove ends from zucchini& cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half in thirds crosswise.
- Place cut side down in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion& cook until zucchini is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt& spices and top with tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 15 mnutes.
- Uncover and simmer 20 minutes oruntil squash is tender and a fairly thick sauce is formed.