Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy to fix, colorful, great tasting recipe that goes well with any dish. I've made it for our church pot luck and everyone loved it. It comes from my neice's cookbook, "In Good Health", by Jennifer White. It's a very "healthy" recipe. Be careful not to cook the zucchini too much, especially if its going to be reheated. Enjoy
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 small zucchini, peeled and diced
- Place all ingredients except for zucchini and salt in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Add zucchini and cook until zucchini is just barely tender. Do not overcook zucchini. Salt to taste. Serve.