Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another recipe for zip and steam bags
Make and share this Italian Zest Chicken (Zip and Steam) recipe from Food.com.
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.23 ml dried Italian seasoning
- Stir first three ingredients well and allow mixture to thicken for 1 minute.
- Spread rub evenly onto chicken breast halves.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend onto chicken.
- Place prepared chicken breasts in Ziploc® Brand Zip 'n Steam™ Medium or Large bag. Seal bag and place in microwave.
- Cook on full power for 4 - 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, with no trace of pink. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until chicken is done.
- Allow bag to stand 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag and serve.
SO easy to make, the chicken was moist and tasty and a great recipe for making on evenings when you're really tired or it's just too hot to cook - or both! I used a Glad Bag Steam Lock bag and used white wine instead of the water but otherwise made these exactly to the recipe. Thank you for sharing a delicious and really useful recipe, MsSally. Made for Every Day is a Holiday.
Love this my friend, I never knew about the (zip & steams) until seeing them at the store a while ago. And I never even thought about putting chicken in it. Very moist, very delicious and low in fat and calories. I used 3 chicken boneless, skinless tenderloins, and the only small change I made was use 1 tablespoon of fat-free Italian dressing in place of the water. Still used the garlic and the paprika, and added some dry Italian seasoning in there too. I used these cutlets on top of a spinach salad, and it was just delightful. Thank you for posting this, MsSally! Fall 2008
This was wonderful and soooo fast and easy! The chicken came out so moist. Its great for a quick lunch or whatever actually and is perfect for one person cooking! I ve been looking for more ziploc recipes and am posting those. Thank you so much for sharing!