Recipe by mollypaul
A hearty meal for a cold winters day. Serve with crusty bread. Originally got this recipe from Mastercook Deluxe
Top Review by SashasMommy
Great soup, my fiance couldn't shut up about how good it was. He likes a lot of "stuff" in his soup, so I put extra elbow macaroni and a can of great northern beans in it. I also used ground turkey.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the beef broth and macaroni into a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
- Cook the ground beef in a frying pan, stirring to break up large chunks, until meat is brown; drain off fat.
- Drain the beans (reserve the liquid).
- Puree 1 cup of beans with all the reserved liquid in a blender.
- When Macaroni is tender, stir the pureed beans, whole beans, cooked meat and spaghetti sauce into the pot.
- Heat though and serve.