Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A hearty meal for a cold winters day. Serve with crusty bread. Originally got this recipe from Mastercook Deluxe
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- Pour the beef broth and macaroni into a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
- Cook the ground beef in a frying pan, stirring to break up large chunks, until meat is brown; drain off fat.
- Drain the beans (reserve the liquid).
- Puree 1 cup of beans with all the reserved liquid in a blender.
- When Macaroni is tender, stir the pureed beans, whole beans, cooked meat and spaghetti sauce into the pot.
- Heat though and serve.
Great soup, my fiance couldn't shut up about how good it was. He likes a lot of "stuff" in his soup, so I put extra elbow macaroni and a can of great northern beans in it. I also used ground turkey.
Easy to make and excellent tasting. Made it for a party and had to give everyone copies of this recipe they liked it so much.