Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are unusual--a not so sweet biscuit with a unique flavor that goes great with a cup of coffee or an after dinner glass of wine.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 -4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup dry red wine (like a good table burgundy)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten with 1 tsp water
- In medium size bowl place sugar, oil and wine; mix together till completely combined.
- Stir 2 cups flour and baking powder together; add to wet mixture and blend well.
- Add 3-4 cups more flour, slowly mixing as you go until mixture pulls away from bowl and holds its shape.
- Pinch off small pieces and roll into logs as thick as your finger and 3-4 inches long. Shape into rings and place on cookie sheet. When sheet is full, brush tops with beaten egg mixture and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Don't be alarmed at the color of the dough-it's kinda grey with a pink blush.