Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Pizzatheraphy.com Vegan, but you'll need someone 21+ to buy the ingredients!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red table wine
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil (NOT olive oil!)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Knead until smooth.
- Cut off piece of dough about the size of a pencil and roll between palms.
- Knot the dough.
- Brush top of biscuits with milk or egg yolk.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
This wasn't that great at all. The proportions where bad, with the amount of oil and wine it called four I couldn't even mix all of the flour into the mix, it was so dry. Then it took forever to cook and cooked unevenly. And it wasn't even that good - it was really just a sugary bicuit. I don't really suggest this if you are going to make biscuits there are betters recipes out there.