Similar but different to other tuna bean recipes, this uses a lot of canned/dried ingredients to make it quick & easy. Serve with sliced tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs. Another from 365 Easy Italian Recipes.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (If you don't have them , you can sub other white beans)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 1⁄2 ounces tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- Drain beans and rinse well.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, thyme, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Beat with fork.
- Add beans and red onion to bowl , toss to coat.
- Break tuna up into medium-size chunks and toss lightly with beans.
- Serve at room temperature - can be stored in fridge for up to a day.
- NOTE : depending on how much there is, you may want to use the oil from the canned tuna in the recipe.