Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe was in Prevention Magazine a couple of years ago. My family and I love it during the hot summer months when you don't want to do much cooking. Goes over great at potlucks too.
- 340.19 g smoked low-fat turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped red onions or 59.14 ml sweet onion
- 2 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 78.07 ml minced fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- Saute sausage 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk mustard& vinegar.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Chill until ready to serve or serve immediately.
So good! I can see why it does well at potlucks. I tasted it right after mixing, and then again, after chilling. My vote, hands down, chill it! Other notes: I used Isernio Mild Italian Chicken Sausage, sweet onion, dried parsley (1 Tablespoon), and I completely forgot to add the pepper (going to do that now). Thanks, Mysterygirl!
This taste yummy! I browned the chopped turkey sausage with one of the tablespoons of olive oil and I added mustard pepper seasoning. I had only the red kidney beans not the white and it was still delicious. I added 1 pkg. of splenda in the dressing and it is wonderful! I may have gone a little heavy on the parsley to suit my taste. I will make this many times this summer and it will be a GREAT camping dish!
Shockingly good!!!!! Thank you so much for posting! The only "change" I made was to add minced garlic. Oh, and we used Tofurkey vegan sausage :O