Recipe by Mysterygirl
This recipe was in Prevention Magazine a couple of years ago. My family and I love it during the hot summer months when you don't want to do much cooking. Goes over great at potlucks too.
Top Review by GinnyP
So good! I can see why it does well at potlucks. I tasted it right after mixing, and then again, after chilling. My vote, hands down, chill it! Other notes: I used Isernio Mild Italian Chicken Sausage, sweet onion, dried parsley (1 Tablespoon), and I completely forgot to add the pepper (going to do that now). Thanks, Mysterygirl!
- 12 ounces smoked low-fat turkey sausage, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onions or 1⁄4 cup sweet onion
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil