Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great comfort food!! (Italian Style)
- 12 ounces spicy Italian turkey sausage, cooked and sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (or any white bean...northern, navy etc)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans nonfat chicken broth
- 1 cup seeded and coarsely chopped plum tomato (3 or 4 tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 7 1⁄2 cups kale (10 to 12 oz) or 7 1⁄2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped (10 to 12 oz)
- In a large sauce pan cook onion and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes and marjarom.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked sausage, kale or spinach simmer for about 5 minutes more or until kale is tender.
- Season to taste with pepper.
This was good. I doctored it up a bit. Used all chicken broth, added some parm cheese and red pepper. Thank you for the recipe !
This soup is so good. I made it exactly as written, only I added a bit of milk in the end. My dh loved it and asked for menot to lose the recipe. Thanks for sharing this great soup - and it was quick and easy to boot.