1/2 Photos of Italian White Bean and Artichoke Salad
I am sure this came from one of the cooking magazines, but no longer know which one ! I have made this several times for groups of from 4-14, and given as many copies to attending guests. Hints : this is rather labor-intensive, so slice and chop early in the day, keeping each ingredient in a separate baggy. You may use red an/or/green peppers, and choice of Asiago, sharp provolone, or feta cheese. The original recipe called for canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered, but I have found that the marinated are already quartered, more tender, and less fibrous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups Baby Spinach, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced vertically
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl whisk.
- 2Combine spinach and remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- 4Toss gently.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian White Bean and Artichoke Salad
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: