Recipe by heartshapedpan
Real simple, easy and good. I hope you enjoy this! When I searched this recipe, it came up as gluten-free. I would check with any packaged products you may be using or go completely package free and make with products that are fresh/and/or gluten-free.
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 9 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 1 lb frozen swedish meatballs, thawed, and halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning, divided
- 4 medium fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 5 quart dutch oven heat olive oil until it shimmers. Add onion, celery, and carrot. Season with 1/2 teaspoons adobo, and 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Allow vegetables to get soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and stir continually for 1 minute.
- Immediately add chicken stock and meatballs. Cover pot and bring to rolling boil.
- Add pasta and additional adobo and pepper. Bring back to boil, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When pasta is cooked and some are floating on surface drop handfuls of spinach into boiling soup.
- Stir frequently until all spinach is incorperated into soup.
- Serve immediately with chesse.