Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
Well, 5 ingredients if you don't count black pepper and olive oil -- and I don't. This delicious, warming soup is so easy to prepare! Quickly made, too. Recipe is from Rodale.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth, homemade (or commercial)
- 3 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces precooked coctail-size meatballs, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups Baby Spinach, shredded
- In a large pot, combine oil and onion. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, or until sizzling. Add broth, pasta and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs and spinach. Reduce heat to low. Coo for 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender.