Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Before I became vegetarian, I loved Italian Wedding Soup, but I can't have it now, so I made this recipe for myself and I thought someones else might enjoy it.
- 1 onion, skin on
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. For the BROTH: Boil water. Put the onion, carrot, celery and in the water. Simmer for 30-60 minute
- 2. For the MEATBALLS: Put all meatball ingredients in a bowl and combine thoroughly. Form little balls and put on and un-greased baking sheet. Stick in the oven for 10 min or until slightly crispy.
- 3. In the last 10 minute of the simmer, add the spinach and pasta to the water. Cooking the pasta in the broth will give the pasta more flavor.
- 4. Add the 'meatballs' to the broth and cook for five minute.
- 5. Take out the onion and chop it. Use half to put in the soup. Save the other half. Serve warm.