1/2 Photos of Italian Wedding Soup Supper
From the Feb/March 2012 Taste of Home Magazine. Submitted by Patricia Harmon. She notes "In a classic Italian Wedding Soup, the meat marries the vegetables in a broth. Which type of meat and which vegetables are subject to change, according to your arrangements. Chicken goes well with the savory trio of onion, carrot and celery, with meatballs and spinach in supporting roles."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen italian style meatballs, cooked and thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 3In the same skillet, saute the onion, carrot and celery in remaining oil until tender.
- 4Add the meatballs, cream of chicken soup, spinach, chicken broth, thyme, salt, pepper and reserved chicken.
- 5Cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Drain pasta; stir into skillet.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Soup Supper
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen italian style meatballs
reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup