Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a hearty soup with a lighter touch you will never miss! Kids like it too!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 cup of diced carrot
- 1 cup of diced turkey ham
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) canof drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- 2 cups of fresh whole spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Sweat the onions, carrots, celery, ham and garlic in 2 T. of olive oil in a soup pot until soft, add 6 cups of chicken broth; simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Mix ground turkey with bread crumbs, salt, pepper and egg. Drop in simmering soup with a melon baller and cook until the meatballs float to the top (about 10 min).
- Stir in 1 15 oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, 2 cups of whole fresh spinach leaves. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Combine 2 beaten eggs with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and whisk in soup off heat.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad ! It is yummo !
- This recipe is dedicated to my little guy with Autism and my hope for a cure. If you want to know more about the devastating effects of Autism, go to CureAutismNow.org.
This was a nice, easy soup to prepare. Just the thing for a cool fall day. I used frozen spinach though, since fresh continues to be a sparse commodity. Turned out ok. I'll try it again when I can get fresh spinach. Thanks for a nice recipe.
Fantastic!! I would have never found this recipe if I wasn't doing a search for ground turkey recipes. I got it on sale for $1.29 a pound and I bought a ton of it. This soup is so fresh and flavorful! Thank you gourmetcountrycook for a real keeper!