This is a hearty soup with a lighter touch you will never miss! Kids like it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 cup of diced carrot
- 1 cup of diced turkey ham
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can of drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- 2 cups of fresh whole spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Sweat the onions, carrots, celery, ham and garlic in 2 T. of olive oil in a soup pot until soft, add 6 cups of chicken broth; simmer 15-20 minutes.
- 2Mix ground turkey with bread crumbs, salt, pepper and egg. Drop in simmering soup with a melon baller and cook until the meatballs float to the top (about 10 min).
- 3Stir in 1 15 oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, 2 cups of whole fresh spinach leaves. Simmer 2 minutes.
- 4Combine 2 beaten eggs with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and whisk in soup off heat.
- 5Serve with crusty bread and a salad ! It is yummo !
- 6This recipe is dedicated to my little guy with Autism and my hope for a cure. If you want to know more about the devastating effects of Autism, go to CureAutismNow.org.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Soup on the Light Side
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 325.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth