Recipe by RecipeNut
No need for simmering all day, this soup will warm you up in a hurry!
Top Review by Serving Him
This soup is so good and very easy. I couldnt find kale so I used frozen chopped spinache. I also didn't use reduce sodium chicken broth, it had a great flavor. The whole family loved it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (hot or sweet)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 7 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups packed roughly chopped kale
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini or 1 cup other uncooked small shaped pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, carrots and Italian seasoning; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Stir in broth and kale; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, partially covered, about 9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.