Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
No need for simmering all day, this soup will warm you up in a hurry!
Make and share this Italian Wedding Soup Made Simple recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (hot or sweet)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 7 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups packed roughly chopped kale
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini or 1 cup other uncooked small shaped pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, carrots and Italian seasoning; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Stir in broth and kale; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, partially covered, about 9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.
This soup is so good and very easy. I couldnt find kale so I used frozen chopped spinache. I also didn't use reduce sodium chicken broth, it had a great flavor. The whole family loved it!
This soup disappointed me but it may have been my fault. I used link sausage instead of bulk and the little balls were hard in the soup. Also I couldn't find kale in the grocery store and had to use flowering kale. The flavor of the soup was very bland and I had to add salt (I hardly ever add salt to my food). All in all the soup was much better the second day after the flavors had a chance to marry. It was an easy soup to make and I will probably try it again and see if I can kick it up a bit. Make for recipe swap #18.