1/4 Photos of Italian Wedding Soup Firehouse Style
2 hrs 10 mins
Comfort food on a cold, raw, windy day. My fellow jakes love this on a busy, cold workday. Hope you do too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (26 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 whole chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 bunch celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped with juices
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb hamburger, rolled into sm. meatballs
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 heads escarole, roughly chopped
- 1Put chicken broth in large pot on med. high.
- 2Add chicken, carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, parsley and meatballs.
- 3Reduce heat to simmer.
- 4Add salt to taste.
- 5Remove chicken after 1-1/2 hours, dice, then return to pot.
- 6Cook tortellini and egg noodles according to directions, drain and add to pot.
- 7Simmer for another 1/2 hour.
- 8Add escarole last 5 mins., stir to mix.
- 9Turn off heat, serve with your favorite bread or loaf, cheese, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Soup Firehouse Style
Serving Size: 1 (713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 1233.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 40.0 g